Looking for a house? Been to an Open For Inspection (OFI) lately? It’s imperative you ask the right questions when attending an OFI.
Buying a home is one of the biggest investments you will make in your life so it’s important you get the right information from the selling agent.
Here are the Top 12 `must ask’ questions when looking through a property.
1. How big is the block/home in m2?
2. How much is the home?
3. Is the price negotiable?
4. Why are the owners selling?
5. How long has the home been on the market?
6. What are the rates? Is everything council approved?
7. Has the owner made any extensions or alterations to the home?
8. Where is the nearest public transport?
9. Where is the nearest shopping centre?
10. Are the any easements or encumbrances?
11. Are there any restrictions of any kind in the area, i.e. covenants, demolition control, EPA etc ?
12. Is there anything else I should know about the home?
Why these questions you ask? To gain further understanding of the property.
As the buyer, you need to know that the property you are viewing fits your specific criteria, such as budget, property specifications and council regulations. These suggestions will also help with future goals such as the addition of new family members, potential renovations to the property and renting it out.